Following a successful tender, we secured these Demolition works in Havering, and our full scope of works included
- Site set up
- Asbestos removal
- Soft strip
- Demolition of the three buildings including slab and foundations
- Crushing of arisings to certified 6F2
- Reduced level dig
- Install pile mat and provide plate tests
The demolition works in Havering was located in a residential area with one road in for access. All three buildings were two storeys. The site was close to two tower blocks and residential properties adjacent to the site.
Scaffold screens used to protect the residential properties close to the boundary. These were erected by Downwell Group company Inner City Scaffolding.
The asbestos surveys supplied showed substantial amounts of asbestos throughout the site. Inner City Environmental carried out these works as part of the Downwell Group under controlled conditions.
The works included
- The removal of textured coatings to the flats and communal stair wells
- Removal of floor tiles and bitumen,
- Asbestos cement flue pipes to the roof areas
- Paper lining to heating pipes
- AIB header panels, floor ducts, riser panels to bathrooms
- Thermal insulation debris to the walls of the boiler room
- Thermal insulation/cement debris to soils.
Standard reach excavators from extensive plant fleet out The demolition work was carried out using standard reach excavators using low noise generating attachments. Dust suppression and noise monitoring were in operation at all times.
Hard standing materials were crushed to 6F2, certified and left on site for use in the construction of pile mats.
We were delighted to be involved in this major redevelopment project in Havering